Installing Fedora Core 2 on Virtual PC

Marlin L. Borsick borsicml at coastalan.net
Fri May 21 17:38:12 UTC 2004

Unfortunately, FC2 will not install in Virtual PC due to polymorphic
code in the kernel. I've taken this up with Red Hat and Microsoft. I get
the same answer from both: it's the other developer's fault. Microsoft
won't accommodate Linux and Red Hat doesn't feel that the problem
warrants a rewrite of the code by them or Linus.

The only solutions are to use VmWare or other hardware...