Broadband problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri May 21 18:33:22 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 21.05.2004 schrieb Jan Håkansson um 19:39:

> My computer is a Dell dimension 4550, and have a integrated NIC.
> When I look in network-configuration, I can see that FC2 found it and
> installed that as a "Intel EtherExpress/100 driver". And it worked right
> away. I have a direct 10 Mb broadband-connection. But I get a very slow
> connection-speed. When I test the speed with FC2, I only get about 100
> kbps. When I test it with Win XP, I get about 6000 kbps. I have used the
> same page http://www.netwalk.org/ to test the speed.
> I have used several linux-distribution and never had the problem with
> this computer.
> Hope someone can help me.
>
> /Jan

Does ifconfig show you RX or TX errors? Does mii-tool eth0 and ethtool
eth0 report you something unusual? The driver module fits and was the
one with other Linux distributions too?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 20:16:31 up 8 days, 18:01, load average: 1.68, 1.52, 1.50
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]