orinoco_cs device eth1 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization

On Fedora Core 2, I get this on boot and when I click 'activate' in the system-config-network GUI for my Orinoco card, which is eth1.

lsmod shows orinoco, used by orinoco_cs, so that looks ok.

iwconfig only lists 'no wireless extensions' for l0, sit0 and eth0, but I want eth1 - is this the problem?

ifconfig just shows l0.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Eliot Stock.