RE:RE: Fedora Core 2 - Can't get mail, download or browse web pages

I have followed the instructions put forth on this list (following):
This is a problem with all sites, I can ssh into machines at will; also my weather updates fine (using the weather icon) and so does ntpd. -Lane

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

and I am sure your internet connection will work immediately.

Add to /etc/sysctl.conf

# Setting ECN off
net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0

and run "sysctl -p" to activate that setting permanent.

--> this did not work.