Re: Boot Floppy > 1440

Ed Stewart wrote:

Is there any way around this? How can I get a boot image

that actually

fits on a floppy? It's going to get worse too because the

smp kernel

is even larger.

Try checking "man mkbootdisk".

Of particular interest will be the "--size" argument.

Thanks - this at least got a boot floppy created. But the system doesn't
seem to like it. It ends with a simple "Boot Failed" from Syslinux.

I have been able to make progress, though. I created a CD image with:

Mkbootdisk --iso --device /var/boot.iso 'uname -r'

This drops a warning of "Size of boot image is 4 sectors -> No emulation"
but it works fine. Of course this method kind of makes it hard to test
kernel boot parameters, but hey, at least it's working.

-ed

It has been discussed many times on this list. FC2 cannot boot from a floppy due to kernel size.