Re: install needs a driver disc

Antti wrote:

I tried the hard-drive installation method. Put the initrd.img and
vmlinuz files to the right place and booted with them. When I select the
Hard drive option from the installation methods I get the prompt where
it asks if I want to use a driver disc. Is suppose this isn't a bug.
What drivers do I need?

Is it possible to start ftp or http installations without a floppy or a
cdrom? I'm just wondering my options to get the new FC2 installed.

ps. I wouldn't like to use apt for upgrading

You may not need any drivers. The text expert mode has always prompted you to insert a drivers disk, if you have one. I have found that you can decline this step and it will continue smoothly unless you specifically know you need a special driver. But that is how it has been in the past.