Problems with Fedora on VA Linux dual proc machine

alan alan at clueserver.org
Sat May 22 00:48:20 UTC 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004, alan wrote:

> On Fri, 21 May 2004, David Nalley wrote:
>
> > I believe this is the apic problem.
> >
> > If you search Bugzilla for that particular motherboard I think there is a boot option you can pass to get around it.
>
> Bug #122462 is the one I assume you mean.

Or maybe you meant 57556.  This is an *old* problem.  Evidently the
problem is with the Intel 440gx. Redhat 9 happened to have a patch to make
it work right.  Seems Fedora is missing that patch.  (The apic hack does
not seem to work anymore.)

I guess I need to look through the Redhat 9 patches and see that got
changed.