open office in FC2

Clayton Rogers claytonr at bundaberg.qld.gov.au
Sat May 22 08:34:47 UTC 2004

Might want to try an strace oowriter and see what that produces.  I have
a similar problem with Openoffice but I get the logo up and it just
hangs there.  From what I can see in strace it is waiting on the CUPS
service to see what printers are available.  Once I restart the CUPS
service openoffice starts ok.

Cheers

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 23:11, Hannes Mayer wrote:

> dsyates wrote:
> > Clean install of FC2. I cannot start openoffice by any means, command
> > line or other. The program crashes befoe the splash scrren appears.
> > Anyone else having this problem?
>
> Nope, works fine here.
> Any error message either in the console, Xorg-log file etc... ?
>
> Cheers,
> Hannes.

Clayton Rogers
Corporate Systems Project Officer