Re: XCDRoast - FC2

I'm a gnome user but I still load the kde libs for a few excellent apps. Try k3b and you'll never go back. It blew me away how simple it was after fiddling with cdrecord & xcdroast for years. It's in FC2.

http://www.k3b.org/

Cheers,
Bradley.

Srinivasan S wrote:

Hello

I upgraded today to FC2 and am now having problems with XCDRoast.
XCDRoast detects my CDRW as both SCSI and ATAPI. By default ATAPi is selected .

When I press OK, I get a message that ATAPI is not suggested due to performance reasons and I should switch on SCSI-EMULATION. I did a google on this and found a doc which talks about using lilo.conf to setup scsi-emulation. My problem is I do not use lilo, I use grub.

Please help to enable SCSI-EMULATION:
1)  CDRW on /dev/hdd
2)  FC2 using GRUB

Thanks in advance