XKB configuration error during the login process

Yoichi Aso aso-pc at granite.phys.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sat May 22 13:48:58 UTC 2004

Hello,

I just updated my FC1 laptop to FC2 today.
Thanks to the excellent developers of FC, it works mostly fine.
But I have a trouble with XKB configuration.
Whenever I login to the laptop, an error dialogue appears and displays
the following message.

------------------------------------
Error activating XKB configuration.
Probably internal X server problem.

X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
60700000

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb
-----------------------------------

This error dialogue also appears when I try to change my keyboard
settings from gnome-keyboard-properties.

Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this problem ?
Following the message above, I attach the outputs of
xprop -root | grep XKB and gconftool-2 -R
/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb

Thank you, Yoichi

~>xprop -root|grep XKB
_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "xfree86", "jp106", "jp", "",
"ctrl:swapcaps"
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "xfree86", "jp106", "jp", "", "ctrl:swapcaps"

~>gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb
  layouts = [jp]
  model = jp106
  overrideSettings = false
  options = [ctrl        ctrl:swapcaps]