Re: XKB configuration error during the login process

Hi all,

I have this problem too, though I don't have /etc/X11/xorg.conf at all? Why so ???

Cheers, vadim tarassov.

Hannes Mayer wrote:

Paul wrote:

Hi,

Changing
Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option      "XkbRules" "xorg"

in /etc/X11/xorg.conf worked for other list-members, but commenting
the line
Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
probably works for you too, since I don't have this line at all.

That always depends on if an xorg.conf file has been generated. The OP didn't say if it had or hadn't.

Ahh! So if it is there, *only* change it, don't remove it.
You're right. If an option is there, there is mostly a reason for it :-)

Cheers,
Hannes.