bug in system-config-display ?

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat May 22 14:52:23 UTC 2004

Hi,

> No, I have not removed anything. I had FC1 running, and then I made
> upgrade to FC2. Here I mean that I have chosen "upgrade" instead of
> "install" in anaconda.
>
> Could you resolve this problem?

Yep.

su
rpm -e XFree86 XFree86-sdk --nodeps
ls /etc/X11

if xkb is a directory, remove it (rm -rf /etc/X11/xkb)

that should be enough to get rid of most of the problems. Insert the CD
(or DVD) with the xorg-x11 rpms in, change to the directory containing
them

rpm -Uhv xorg-x11*.rpm --force

Okay, that's overkill, but you'll find it'll zap anything that doesn't
need to be there.

You should find running system-config-display will work then.

Remember to watch the install and check that there are no errors
generated when you install xorg.x11-6.7.0.2 (or whatever it's called).
Warnings aren't that important, the errors are!

TTFN

Paul
--
"Your lives are in the hands of men no smarter than you or I, many of
them incompetent boobs. I know this because I worked alongside them,