Mounting Cdrom drives

I have two cdrom drives. The CD-Rw mounts just fine and works all ok.
The other one (Cd-R)  doesn't mount.  When I try to mount it manually I
get this error:

/dev/cdrom is not a valid block device.

And yet that drive worked fine when I used a cd to install/update FC2.

Do I have to change the mount command in /etc/fstab or is there a kernel
problem where something needs to be changed in the config?

--
Ted Gervais
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia