Re: FC 2 and smb mounts

Paul R. Ganci wrote:

Alejandro Flores wrote:

 I'm having problems when mounting an smb share. The command goes well
(mount -t smbfs -o username=me,password=passofme,uid=myuid,gid=mygid
//server/myhome /home/user/myhome) but when I try to list the contents
of the directory it hangs up. I looked in /var/log/messages and I got
this

I just had the same thing occur:

May 22 08:57:11 mcduff kernel: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
<snip>

This problem disappeared after I did a reboot when attempting to fix some unrelated issue. I have no idea why, but I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.
--
Paul (ganci nurdog com)