Network problem in Fedora Core 2

Bob Deblier bob.deblier at pandora.be
Sat May 22 18:11:45 UTC 2004

I've been experiencing reproducible errors since I've upgrade my Fedora
Core 1 to version 2 a couple of days ago.

The problem is this: any time a TCP connection is opened, it fails on
the first attempt. The second and successive attempts go through without
any problems - at least for a while. After a certain time period has
elapsed, the same destination seems to suffer from the same problem once
again only on the first connection.

At first I thought it might be a DNS problem, or a firewall problem, but
when querying domain name which certainly aren't in a cache, there seems
to be no problem. Deactiving the firewall doesn't resolve the issue
either.

My hardware: PIII 600MHz with 512MB ECC RAM, Asus P3B-F motherboard (BX
chipset), Intel Pro/100+ network card.

Any suggestions on how to further investigate (or fix) this? If all else
fails I'll try a clean install.

Thanks,

Bob Deblier