Re: FC 2 and smb mounts

Scot L. Harris wrote:

Alejandro Flores wrote:

I'm having problems when mounting an smb share. The command goes well
(mount -t smbfs -o username=me,password=passofme,uid=myuid,gid=mygid
//server/myhome /home/user/myhome) but when I try to list the contents
of the directory it hangs up. I looked in /var/log/messages and I got
this

Same problem here.  Setup an smb mount point.  At first it appeared to
work as expected.  I had full access to the share.  Then it stopped
working.  Not sure what changed.  Have rebooted a few times but no
change in the problem.  The mount appears to execute correctly but when
I try to ls the directory it hangs.  At that point it is impossible to
kill the ls process or umount the share.

what happens with CIFS ? # mount -t cifs -ousername=... /home/...

--
shrek-m