SmartLink slmodem 2.9.7 for FC2

Hello,

Sorry for a newbie question, but is it possible to make modem module
load automatically at the system start? I am using Fedora Core 2, with
2.6.5 kernel.

I compiled slmodem 2.9.7 with no problem. But I can't figure out how to
make /dev/modem working... Before, in Fedora 1 and with the previous
driver I needed only to run "make install-amr"... Seems like the way drivers are loaded changed with 2.6 kernel.

The new driver for 2.6 kernel was downloaded from ftp://ftp.smlink.com/linux/unsupported/

Thanks,
Timothy.