Re: XFree86 gone from Fedora Core? WHY!?

Mike Chambers wrote:
Sounds to me like someone has a problem because they have
software/something that requires/uses/whatever with XFree and conflicts
with X.org or something along those lines (and yes I"m assuming and know
what assuming means).  But why the hubbub if not?

Actually, that is part of my problem, but not all of it. Like I said, my main problem is that X.org is an entity that appeals to corporations, not to a free community of developers. It sounds like Red Hat made use of their muscle in the Fedora Project to test out X.org code because that's what appeals to them as a corporation.

Since you asked, the applications in question are from the GATOS
project, which has developed the next generation DRM drivers for the ATI
graphics cards, as well as applications that make use of their capture,
TV-output and TV tuning capabilities. <http://gatos.sf.net>.

Peace,
William