Mounting CDrom drives - FC2

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Sun May 23 14:19:04 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 01:52, Jeff Vian wrote:
> Ted Gervais wrote:
>
> >I was wondering if the following /etc/fstab statements are correct for
> >the mounting of my two cdrom drives..
> >
> >Here is what I have:
> >

> >/dev/cdrom1   /mnt/cdrom1  udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
> >/dev/cdrom   /mnt/cdrom    udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
> >

> This appears correct.
> Per your earlier message you said you initially had hdd=ide-scsi in the
> grub boot line, and  have now removed it.
> With hdd=ide-scsi in the boot line, the drive would have been seen as
> scdX.  Check the structure of the link /dev/cdromX and make sure it
> points to the IDE device name and not the scsi device name.

Thanks for the response to my 'mail'.  It is appreciated.

Here is how I have those two cdrom's setup.

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 8 May 22 20:33 cdrom -> /dev/hdc
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 8 May 19 03:08 cdrom1 -> /dev/hdd

I presume this is correct and is not looking at scsi devices?
Is this correct?  I see nothing attached to any scdX stuff so it must be
ok??

--
Ted Gervais
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia