Laptop ATI Mobility M7 DRI issue

I am not sure I did the correct thing, but I was having a problem with blanking on the screensavers. images were blanking and redrawing funny and not smoot at all.

So I edited the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and modified the section "Module" by commenting out Load "dri". Then I save the file and rebooted the system.

Now my screensavers look great and are smooth.

Did I do the right thing?
Should I have done something else.

In the hope that this helps other.

Thanks