modprobe wont work on fc2...

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Sun May 23 16:09:19 UTC 2004

On May 23, 2004 at 11:29, Kyle in a soothing rage wrote:

>hello,
>
>i just installed fc2 on my system. i overwrote my fc1 installation. when
>i try to run /sbin/generate-modprobe.conf i get this message "Cannot
>find old version of modprobe. Giving up." I am using this version of
>modprobe which is confirmed by the rpm package modutils-2.4.26-16.
>
>why is it doing this? should i dl module-init-tools and compile the
>latest version?
It is a good thing that it did. FC2 does not need that.
It already comes with a modprobe.conf. FC does not use
module-init-tools, it uses modutils. The version included
in FC2 can handle 2.4 and 2.6 kernels. The version provided
by Arjan van de Ven also handles both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels.

N.Emile...
For men use, if they have an evil turn, to write it in marble:
and whoso doth us a good turn we write it in dust.
		-- Sir Thomas More
 12:03:30  up 5 days, 16:54,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00