Oops-a daisy! Re: VDQ : which Galeon for FC1?

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sun May 23 17:01:14 UTC 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004 11:38:22 -0500, Satish Balay wrote:

> On Sun, 23 May 2004, Beartooth wrote:

>>              =====
>> [root at localhost root]# rpm -q mozilla
>> mozilla-1.4.2-0.9.0
>> [root at localhost root]#
>>              =====
>
> I have no idea where you got this version of mozilla from. It is not
> from the default install.

It almost has to have come off the DVD in Ball&Duff. But there's more --

> You could do the following (assuming you still have unmodified
> http://mirror.cc.vt.edu/yum.conf)
>
> yum remove mozilla

I did that, and things got curiouser & curiouser :
         =====
..Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[erase: mozilla 37:1.4.2-0.9.0.i386]
I will erase these to satisfy the dependencies:
[deps: mozilla-mail 37:1.4.2-0.9.0.i386]
[deps: openoffice.org-libs 1.1.0-16.i386]
[deps: openoffice.org 1.1.0-16.i386]
Is this ok [y/N]:
          ===
So I told it neither yea nor nay ...

> yum install epiphany

And I'll hold off on the install; maybe you'll tell me the failure to say
"37:" was a failure in the question (rpm -q) -- or maybe there's some
deeper problem here ...

>> VVDQ (Very VERY Dumb Question) : what is [asterix]? (NB: Yes, I'm a fan of
>> Obelix, too -- but I don't even know whether he means Asterix,
>
> Yeah my machinename its from the comic strip character..

Oh of course! Color me dumber than before. <going for coffee...>
--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Work is for people who can't hunt.