Slashdotted - XP dual boot issue

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun May 23 18:34:18 UTC 2004

On Sunday 23 May 2004 14:14, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
>On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 14:09 -0400, Rory Gleeson wrote:
>> I guess this is where we get to hear the words, "hobbyist" and
>> "project" again. And, I guess we'll get to read about how it's an
>> MS problem and how newbies and Window-users shouldn't be using
>> Fedora if they want to migrate to Linux and only have themselves
>> to blame if they encounter this problem.
>
>Not true. They bought Windows, right? Call tech-support. Demand
>correction of bug.
>
>Or... much better, ignore them entirely... or give them a call:
>
>   Hi, just to say: one less Windows user...
>
>Rui

Humm, bad attitude IMO.  OTOH, its a well known fact that a windows
install will trash any linux installed mbr things and has been doing
it for years.  On purpose we think...

Suddenly the shoe is on the other foot and the bellowing of gored ox's
can be heard throughout the land.

I don't imagine it was a consiously done thing, and I imagine it will
get fixed, but in the meantime I am one who is rather tired of the
endless repetition about it.  Can we just stfu and run yum update
once a day and be happy?  Of course this is coming from a non-windows
user, the only windows in my house are made of silica sand.  My needs
are relatively simple and windows hasn't got a thing I need to run.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)