Fedora Core 2 - review.

Sean Estabrooks seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Sun May 23 19:20:07 UTC 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004 16:54:29 +0200
Davy Brion <ralinx at pandora.be> wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 10:25, Michael wrote:
> > Who cares if they use it as long as we, that want to, are free to use
> > it?
>
> Support... that's it basically. If Linux doesn't gain marketshare, a lot
> of companies won't even care enough about it when they design their
> products/websites/whatever

Market share is important.   But if companies can "support" Linux with
proprietary protocols, they're not supporting Linux they're just
supporting Windows.   What we need to do is promote open protocols for
web designers.   Show them the benefits.   Most of the web is running
apache we just need to work towards some better free options for slicker
graphics and such that are currently proprietary.  It will happen.

Regards,
Sean.