bootdisk.img for fc2

Thierry Sayegh linux at glossolalie.org
Sun May 23 20:03:02 UTC 2004

Olaf Mueller wrote:

>Hi,
>
>where can I get a bootdisk.img file for an 1.44MB floppy disk for
>Fedora Core 2. I can't boot from my cdrom, so I have to create a
>bootable floppy disk. Fedora Core 1 has had a bootdisk.img file for
>1.44MB floppy disks, but not so fedora core 2 does. There is only a
>diskboot.img file for VFAT filesystems and medias larger than a
>floppy.
>Where can I get this bootdisk.img file from?
>

>regards
>Olaf

Olaf,
Due to the size of the kernel you won't find a boot floppy for FC2
and please search throught the list archive, this has even been asked
today...
your alternatives are local install from partition

## quote ##

If you have some disk partition which you don't install to, you can do
hard disk installation. Simply, put the ISO images into some directory
on that partition,

cp -a /mnt/cdrom/isolinux/vmlinuz /boot/FC2-install
cp -a /mnt/cdrom/isolinux/initrd.img /boot/FC2-install.img
umount /mnt/cdrom

and add entry like:

title Fedora Core 2 Installation
         root (hd0,0)
         kernel /boot/FC2-install
         initrd /boot/FC2-install.img

to your /etc/grub.conf, then reboot into "Fedora Core 2 Installation".
During the install choose Hard Disk installation and point the installer
at the partition with ISOs.

## quote ##
or a netinstall
Also please use plaintext when posting to the list...

Thierry