FC2: Audit errors on /var/log/messages (SELinux (?) newbie)

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sun May 23 21:40:19 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 17:58, Rami Saarinen wrote:

> Oh, just as I had posted this message I found the "Fedora Core 2 test2
> SELinux FAQ" at http://mindstorm.ath.cx:8080/fedora-docs/selinux-faq-en/
>
> That clears out many questions, but does anyone have any good reasons why
> I should have SELinux turned on? The machine is connected to the internet
> just few hours a day and I have all the services off on the
> system-config-securitylevel.
>
> I suppose SELinux provides the ACL mechanism, but I'm not sure I need it
> .. afterall it may be a bit overkill for two-user computer. ;)

If you need to disable SELinux , simply edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux and
change SELINUX=enforcing (or permissive) to SELINUX=disabled . On older
kernel versions , you had to add a option during boot , but it has been
disabled.
Also , ACL is not related to SELinux. You can disable SELinux without
any fear of problems...

--
Pedro Macedo