Firefox-Navigator.xul Not Found

Alex White prata at kuei-jin.org
Sun May 23 22:25:30 UTC 2004

Okay, so I installed firefox from dag's repository using yum.
I did some searching on google, but couldn't find anything
save for a mention of it happening in debian. So I looked
around on that particular forum and couldn't' find an answer
to this issue. Though it was mentioned to have been some sort
of possible permissions issue. There was also mention of
it on mozillazine.org; however, there is no mention of a fix
for this that I could see.

The Problem:
    I get an error starting firefox as a normal user (wreaks of
permissions I know), "The file /content/navigator.xul cannot
be found. Please check the location and try again."

What I've Tried:
    I tried running firefox as root. The above error does not
show up. I  try running firefox as a normal user -inside- the
/usr/lib/firefox directory. The error does not show up. Using
the script that is installed via the rpm in /usr/bin/ (which
is called firefox as well) produces the above error.

My Concerns:
    firefox was working properly for quite sometimes previous
to this issue coming up. I do not however, recall making any
changes to my path. Could this be a $PATH related issue? I've
not seen reference to this in the archives, but I'm half blind
so this could be all in vain. I do not mind being told to
RTFM, or to STFA. ^_^

Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Alex White