Slashdotted - XP dual boot issue

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Mon May 24 01:25:50 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 22:03, Sean Estabrooks wrote:
> You may have had the problem before a solution was generally known but
> now there are several simple fixes and ways to avoid the problem in the
> first place.    There's no need to reinstall windows unless you deleted it.
>
> Sean.

I had it before and after the fixes. The sfdisk fix didnt work here (or
maybe it did , but I had no patience to wait windows load , as I waited
for one minute after choosing to boot windows and still nothing
appeared.)
I've had a little accident with my disk (broke one of the data pins when
putting it back on the case) and had to solder it. And to test the drive
, I had to format everything...
I'm getting a new disk soon and I plan on using the 40Gb one to do tests
on things like this dual-boot problem.

--
Pedro Macedo