FC1, NVidia Riva TNT2

Adayapalam Appaiah Kumaraswamy kumanna at myrealbox.com
Mon May 24 02:17:06 UTC 2004

Hello! I am using FC1 and have kernels linux-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl and
2.6.3. As the dial up internet services in India are quite expensive and
slow, I cannot download FC2 at the moment, which may solve this problem,
but here goes.

My graphics card is NVidia Riva TNT2 with 32 MB of RAM. I think that's
quite good, and enough for quite a few applications. But tuxracer is
miserable and is unplayable. redhat-config-xfree86 gives the right
graphics card, and the X startrup log also does not show any errors.
However, the performance is poor. Will it help if I egt hold of the
closed source drivers provided by NVidia or is there a way to set things
right without that?

Thanking you in advance,
Kumar