Cannot Install

Sean Estabrooks seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Mon May 24 03:29:30 UTC 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004 23:10:21 -0400
"Paul A. Bennett" <paul_a_bennett at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am trying to install the x86_64 Fedora Core 2 on an Athlon 64 machine
> running Fedora Core 1.
>
> It goes through its machinations but eventually gets to a point where it
> says: "Error enabling swapdevice sda3."
>
> No matter what I do, I am stuck.
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.
>
> All the best!
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

Mount your root filesystem and modify the /etc/fstab to comment out
all swap lines.   Reboot,  no swap partitions will be used and you can
then figure things out and add a  proper swap entry.

Use the "linux rescue" feature of CD1 to boot and mount your hard drive.
Or  add  "init=/bin/sh" to the kernel boot line via grub, (this may require a
"mount / -oremount,rw"  after getting a command prompt).

Good Luck,
Sean