So...um..has anyone gotten dual booting working with FC2?

I've got two harddrives.  hda is my linux drive, hdb is my win2k drive.

The default grub config didn't boot my win2k partition, which isn't really a
shock as it never has.  But, neither did the grub config I had saved from my
fc1 install ( as follows )

root (hd1,0)
map (hd0, (hd1)
map (hd1), (hd0)
chainloader +1

My ability with grub is limited enough that I don't really understand what is
happening in the above ( the maps are obvious, but why root() and
chainloader? ), so I have no clue on how to fix this.  I have read the info
pages on grub.conf, but from everythign I've read, this should work.

Has anybody gotten grub to work with a similar config?

Thanks