[FC2] How to add fonts?

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Mon May 24 04:55:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 03:00, Prasanth Kumar wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 20:41 +0200, Coume - Lubox.com wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 16:50, Coume - Lubox.com wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I currently working on a logo before the opening tomorrow of my new
> > > forum about MyhTV. ( http://mythtvtalk.com/forum/index.php )
> > > But I've got one problem, in fedora there is almost no fonts and I do
> > > not have any windows machine anymore to transfer fonts.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to add more fonts to fedora without any windows machine?
> > > Perhaps it exists a font package, but I don't know it :(
> > I managed find fonts, but now I have no clue where to install them to be
> > used by Gimp?
> >
> > thxs in advance
> > Ludo
> > ______________________________________
> > http://www.lubox.com - http://forum.lubox.com
> > Email Services, How-To (Linux,PHP,...),...
> > Come have a look, and you can even drop a msg on the forum!
> > --
> > Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on i686 CPU kernel 2.6.5-1.358
> > @ 20:40:52 up 2 days,  7:17,  4 users,  load average: 2.53, 3.05, 2.93
> >

> Did you try reading the Fedora 2 release notes? It should you how to add
> fonts to the system.

I read his question more like "Where to get addtional fonts when I can't
steal^W borrow them from a windows system?"

Answer: Go to rpmfind.net look for a package called
webfonts-1.3.noarch.rpm. It was built for a much earlier version of RHL,
so they may not land in the right spot or trigger whatever needs to be
done to install them correctly. The package provides those Microsoft
fonts that are downloadable from the Microsoft website. For other fonts,
you meed to find them already installed somewhere. You can also check
www.filesearching.com for '.ttf' or 'TrueType'. That site is a search
engine for anonymous ftp sites, and many things pop up there that
shouldn't necessarily.

--
Chris Kloiber