Epson CX6400

Sanjeev Das sanjeevdas at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 07:48:38 UTC 2004

Hello All,

I am having trouble getting my scanner (Epson cx6400) to work. The
scanner is apparently recognized.

sane-find-scanner returns:

# No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0805 [USB2.0 MFP]) at libusb:001:004
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

  # Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports can't be
  # detected by this program.

  # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
  # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
  # necessary.

and after modifying /etc/sane.d/epson.conf to have
usb 0x4b8 0x805

scanimage -L returns
device `epson:libusb:001:004' is a Epson PX-A650 flatbed scanner

But when I try to scan using xsane, I get
Failed to start scanner: Invalid argument.

What could be the problem? Does  not sane support the scanner yet?

thanks in advance

Sanjeev