Re: converting to grub from lilo [DrDos on hdc1 not booting]

If I'm right, it will get more confusing if/when computers have more
than 2 primary ide ports as I think grub's notation will number ALL the
master drives before any of the slaves...

Grub just seems annoying, needlessly, complex to use. What's the problem with LILO that keeps it from not even being an option in FC2? After installing I had to go through and manually fix Grub's settings because it was trying to incorrectly boot an old Linux off a different drive in my computer. I've always found Grub to be more effort for the same bang unless you're trying to do something fancy where you need it's flexibility.