To be or not be?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Mon May 24 09:01:15 UTC 2004

Hi Scott

On Friday 21 May 2004 22:53, Scot L. Harris wrote:

> I just loaded FC2 on my Dell Latitude CPx laptop.  (I think you have a
> faster model than mine and a larger harddrive).
>
> So far the problems have been few.  I found that the pcmcia services
> were being started after the network services, since I only have network
> via a pcmcia slot that does not work during boot up.  I swapped the
> order of the start up files and that seems to have cured that one.
>
> The other problem I have is getting my D-Link DWL-G650 card to work.
> Apparently FC2 does not come with the drivers for the prisim chip set
> this card uses.  I know the card will work as I have live CD version of
> Linux that works with the DWL-G650 card.  (have to spend some time
> looking at that setup to see which drivers are used).
>
> I did a clean install to a new 20GB drive.  Sound works great.
> Surprised me as I have not bothered to get sound running on any of my
> other boxes.

Thanks for the reply I'm a bit busy at the momemnt but will speak/email you
later today I would like to stay in touch as we both have the same machines.

P.S. I upgraded my Dell

--
Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"