Disabling LVM check/startup on FC2

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Mon May 24 11:58:53 UTC 2004

Chris Kloiber wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 01:30, Optimized wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>My FC2 system is installed on linux raid volume but I have no use for
>>LVM.
>>
>>I would like to disable the lvm check on system startup since it always
>>fails, how should I proceed in order to make it clean?
>>

>Do a clean FC2 install, and the error never happens, else get all your
>updates since FC2's release, and it should also go away.

I didn't do a clean install, but I do have all the updates ... no love
regarding this issue. Frankly I don't see how a clean install or having
updates helps the problem. The only way I see this issue going away is
if the package lvm2-2.00.15-2 is NOT installed if it isn't being used.
To that end I tried to remove it:

ganci at mcduff> rpm --erase lvm2
error: Failed dependencies:
        lvm2 is needed by (installed) mkinitrd-3.5.22-1

Since I need mkinitrd because I make my own kernels I am stuck. This
problem is not a serious one ... just annoying.

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)