K3b cannot burn a CD

Robert Jones kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 24 15:31:36 UTC 2004

Matt Morgan wrote:

<snip>

> Interesting. So that little CD icon down there is kscd, I never noticed
> it before! (I am more familiar with gnome, still learning kde.)
>
> The question is, how do I keep kscd from starting itself up automatically?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

You can simply delete ~/.kde/Autostart/Autorun.desktop and be done with
it. This will NOT prevent audio CDs from playing automatically when
they're inserted IF kscd is already running. It just prevents kscd from
starting whenever *anything* is put into the drive.

At one time (FC1?, RH7.3?, don't remember) I tried monkeying with the
interval (1000ms) and specifying a device so that other devices would be
  left alone. In the end, the only satisfactory (for my purposes)
solution was to delete Autorun.desktop each time I load a new version.