TVtime

Steve Berry stevejberry at bellsouth.net
Mon May 24 16:57:26 UTC 2004

I get the same problem,

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Gregory Gulik
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 11:24 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: TVtime

Does tvtime work for you???
Every couple minutes the screen goes nearly black and I get the
following error on the command line I ran it from:

videoinput: Can't read frame. Error was: Input/output error (6989).

In addition the following is logged to syslog:

May 24 10:21:17 penguin kernel: bttv0: timeout: drop=100
irq=44225/44225, risc=378b207c, bits: VSYNC HSYNC OFLOW FDSR
May 24 10:21:17 penguin kernel: bttv0: reset, reinitialize
May 24 10:21:17 penguin kernel: bttv0: PLL can sleep, using XTAL (28636363).

Changing the channel fixes it for me.

I also did used to love xawtv for many of the same reasons you do and
was disappointed to find it missing in FC2.  I've tried the FC1 RPM as
well as a copy on one of the FC2 repositories and have been able to get
it to work at all.  Whenever I run it I get the following:

Warning: Cannot convert string
"-*-ledfixed-medium-r-*--39-*-*-*-c-*-*-*" to type FontStruct
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
   Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
   Serial number of failed request:  492

If it matters I have an NVIDIA graphics card and am running the "nv" driver.

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org