Re: IMAP Version

--On Monday, May 24, 2004 12:48 PM -0500 Alex White <prata kuei-jin org> wrote:

The config file is well commented, but not matter how I spelled out the
path for mail boxes it always wanted to use /var/mail as opposed to
/var/spool/mail/ which seems more logical in general.

This should give you something close to the old UW-IMAP setup:

default_mail_env = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u

However, I had to change my client (Mulberry) to use a hierarchy of "*" instead of "mail/*". But it's acceptable as I no longer have to worry about the server trying to treat the rest of my home directory as a mail archive.

It's also necessary to add pop3 and pop3s to the protocols setting.