Re: Upgrade: IMAP

--On Monday, May 24, 2004 2:04 PM -0400 Ragone_Andrew <andrag bergen org> wrote:

I just upgraded to FC2 and for some reason it seems that all my IMAP
server config disappeared. It's not in /etc/xinetd.d/imap and i cannot
seem to start xinet.d with proper imformation. I beleive i copied and
older IMAP file into xinet directory and restarted xinet without success.
Is there somewhere i can download IMAP to install or any way to recover
settings?

UW-IMAP has been dropped. You can choose between Cyrus for a "big" server with its own mailbox database or dovecot for a lightweight server. Both run as standalone servers, not from xinetd. You probably want to customize /etc/dovecot.conf and then run "service dovecot start".

Here's the edits I made to the default config:

14a15
protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s
142a144
verbose_proctitle = yes
190a193
default_mail_env = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u