dual boot : fed1 and fed2 no go

hello, I try to be a cautious guy so before installing fedora 2 on test and killing off fed 1 I decided to put it on my second disk and have a dual boot. Well, I got grubbed. No surprise I suppose. Here is the grub.conf
#boot=/dev/hda
default=1
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd1,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Fedora Core (2.6.5-1.358)
root (hd1,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358 ro root=LABEL=/1 rhgb quiet
initrd /initrd-2.6.5-1.358.img
title fedcore
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader +1
When I boot into the old fed core one this is the message :
" Error 13 Invalid or unsupported executable format "
The name fedcore as you can see is the first primary disk and fed 2 is on the second. I know I should be reading the forty-five page doc on my desk but I would feel better disposed to grub if I could get out of this quick.My first disk is full of work material. I have already tried the LBA bios change on the mail list but no joy. Thanks a lot John Brennan-Sardou