FC2 - Xorg + AT Rage problem

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon May 24 22:50:06 UTC 2004

Ronald Hawkins wrote:

>>Is anyone running FC2 happily with AT Rage video "card"?

> I ran into this last weekend.  Only on ours we had a ATI Rage 128 Pro
> and another pro with the TV tuner and both exibited the behaviour of
> locking up the machine as X started with Garbage at the top 1 inch of
> the screen.  The only way I found to get around this was to disable the
> DRI option in xorg.conf. then all worked as expected.

I'll try that, thanks.
Incidentally, I was disappointed that FC-2 does not appear to have
an ati.man page (although there is a radeon.man page).
I found some diff files for ati.man, so the man-page must exist,
but I wasn't able to locate it.
Does anyone know where it can be found?
[Yes, I did try googling.]

--