Keyboard problem in FC2 on VMWare 4.5.1

Thomas Huining Feng hfeng2 at cs.mcgill.ca
Tue May 25 03:24:07 UTC 2004

I installed FC2 recently on VMWare 4.5.1 running in WinXP. Everything
works fine after I set the option vdso=0 and apply the patch for
vmware-tools. However, the only problem that disappoints me is that my
keyboard usually doesn't respond after FC2 starts (right after booting). I
say "usually" because this happens randomly. Sometimes the keyboard does
work!

When the following messages appear on the console, I press the keyboard
and sometimes I can input a few characters.
  PCI: cannot allocate resource ...
  audit (...): initialized
  Red Hat nash version 3.5.22 starting
However, at other time, I don't see my input, and after FC2 fully starts
up, I cannot use my keyboard or mouse. (So I have to poweroff or reset the
VM.)

Does anyone have the same problem as mine?

Regards,
Thomas Huining Feng

----
MSDL, McGill, Montreal, QC Canada