converting to grub from lilo [DrDos on hdc1 not booting]

Mick Mearns off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 11:44:17 UTC 2004

--- Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha <strange at nsk.no-ip.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 12:41:17AM -0700, Mick Mearns wrote:
> > Hello;
> >   just edit the file /boot/grub/device.map
> >  and tell grub what is what, (only hard drives go in here)
>
> Grub uses that file to know how to map OS devices to BIOS drives.
> It is used when installing grub.
>
> But you can't change the mapping to your liking.
>
> Regards,
> Luciano Rocha

Hello;
  well I have edited that file to make a system work.
Do a 'fdisk -l' to see where the drives are, then edit 'device.map'
To put them where they should be.

I have done this several times when moving drives around, and from
system to system.
Sometimes it's the only way.

Mick M.

=====
The glass is exactly twice as large as it needs to be.