sound and network card issues

I did a search for the models I am having trouble with, but didn't find anything in the lists so forgive me if these have already been discussed:

Soundblaster Live
-Seems to have detected and configured, but no sound is played either by test or by an audio CD

Network Everywhere NC100
-Put in PC after FC2 was installed, seemed to install drivers but wouldn't get a DHCP address
-Deleted the configuration and now after installing it gives a modprobe error when trying to activate saying "tulip device not present"
-Manually assigning an IP address in the proper subnet space to lo allows for communication

Miscellaneous issues
-why is there no "int" command to check interfaces already included?

Thanks in advance for any insight,

Aaron Kincer