Fedora Core 2 - review.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue May 25 15:04:27 UTC 2004

Jeff Ratliff wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 11:15:45AM -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
>

>>It should be as easy as "yum install multimedia".
>

> How about the "Fedora Multimedia Installation HOWTO" on tldp.org?
>
> <http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Fedora-Multimedia-Installation-HOWTO/>
>
> I admit it's not a one click solution, but it does a lot more than
> just MP3s, and DVDs. It also explains a lot of the underlying
> issues as to why this software isn't included in the OS. I'm pretty
> sure not everything will work with FC2, but I think the general
> idea is good.
>
> I agree it should be easier, but I'm also a bit annoyed with people
> who think everything should work like Windows right out of the box.
> Why not just use Mandrake?   =)

I have seen the site.  I agree it isn't perfect and to restate my
point.  How does the new user know about this site?  This is the idea
behind a link to these types of readme's.

How about a list of them in default bookmarks in the various browsers.
  Actually this could be a RFE.  A set of bookmarks to various Fedora
sites and howto's.  Hum.

--
Robin Laing