Centrino wireless (Dell D600)

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Tue May 25 15:54:52 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 10:40, Clifford Snow wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 10:13, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> <snio>
> > I've got hibernation to work on mine.
> > it's successful 99%of the time.
> >
> > --
> Can you share your secret for hibernation?

Take 4 sleeping Pills and Drink lots of water. To avoid wakeups in the
middle, make sure you empty your bladder :-)

Anyway, there's no real secret, I run a 2.6 kernel (was also working in
2.4 kernel)

with NO swsusp or pmdisk patches, I use whatever is in the kernel.bz
file.

I run this thing to handle the suspend. I guess that's it.

One other thing, if you run suspend, chances are you'll have to live
without 3d Acceleration.

If you can live with it.. Then........

------->8-------------------

        if ($first_arg =~ /^button\/sleep$/) {
                shift (@ARGV);
                shift (@ARGV);
                if (check_ignore ('/etc/acpi/flags/suspend')) {
                        clear_ignore ('/etc/acpi/flags/suspend');
                } else {
                        set_ignore ('/etc/acpi/flags/suspend');
                        system ('/usr/X11R6/bin/xset -display :0 dpms force off');
                        system ('rmmod tg3');
                        system ('rmmod usb_storage hid uhci_hcd ehci_hcd');
                        system ('echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep && hwclock --hctosys');
                        system ('echo "Resuming proceses....');
                        system ('modprobe tg3');
                        system ('modprobe usb_storage');
                        system ('modprobe ehci_hcd');
                        system ('modprobe uhci_hcd');
                }       system ('modprobe hid');

ps : This is just a snippet of the acpi handle file. If you want the full version,
drop me a mail off-line