RE: problem shutting down or rebooting

> Hi,
>
> I have the same problems, and after adding the symlinks, I couldn't get
> it working,
>
> although I don't have a specific flag in the grub conf file for enabling
> acpi,
>
> Any hint?
>
>     Albert.

...text removed about configuring S* and K* entries in /etc/rc.d/rc0.d

To get ACPI to work correctly, you need to enable it as a boot-time
option.  When you are on the GRUB boot screen, type 'e' to edit the boot
line and add

ACPI=ON

to the list of options.  The long list of ACPI messages shows that ACPI is
available to you, but you still need to turn it on.

I know this applies to FC1, but I haven't screwed up my courage enough to
try FC2.  If it has changed in FC2, perhaps someone else can advise us.

Hope this helps!   Erik