A different Mysql4 question: specfile

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue May 25 19:32:07 UTC 2004

Yes, I know about the licensing issues.  I have a different question.
Is there any "Red Hat approved" specfile I can use to build my own
mysql4 packages such that I don't have compatibility problems if/when
Red Hat does begin shipping mysql4?  I know that I can get packages
from mysql.com, but they are different in various ways and this has
caused problems for me in the past.

I know Red Hat has mysql4 packages internally.  They even appeared in
Rawhide at one point, and foolish me neglected to anticipate the
continued licensing problems and didn't grab them.

Thanks,

 - J<