Re: Suspend or hibernate - how?

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Leon Stringer wrote:

Hi,

With FC2, can you suspend to disk or RAM without any additional patches? If so what's the command?

I've been searching on this and as far as I can see FC2 includes ACPI support but no way hibernate.

If there is a way, shouldn't the Battery Charge Monitor applet include this in the "Suspend command" setting (instead of a command which doesn't work. i.e. /usr/bin/apm -s).

Anyone got this going reliably with the default install or with patches?

Leon...
(Using FC2 on a Tecra 9000).

I've tried suspend to ram - not disk. If ACPI were to work you could do the following as root:

echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep

However ACPI doesnt' work verywell for me - so I use apm. This is
enabled when you use the kerel option 'acpi=off' in /boot/grub/menu.lst

Satish
(Still FC1 - but experimenting with FC2 on IBM ThinkPad T40)